SS20

SS20

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2012

First woman mayor will fulfil her duties the best she can


MALAYSIA has a woman mayor — the first in the country. Her name is Datin Paduka Alinah Ahmad and she will take over the helm as Petaling Jaya mayor as of Jan 1, 2013.
Alinah will replace former mayor Datuk Mohamad Roslan Sakiman, who will assume duties as the deputy state secretary.
The first question StarMetro asked Alinah, who is currently Selangor Singular Real Property Housing Board chief executive officer, was how does it feel to be Malaysia’s first woman mayor?
“This is very important to me and I shall do my best to deliver. That is my main objective,” said Alinah, 63, who is busy clearing her work schedule as CEO until end of December.
She thanked the Selangor state government for giving her the honorific appointment.
Yes, she is the first woman mayor in Malaysia, but that does not make her special, she said.
“Yes, I am a lady, but I still have to prove that I can perform my mayoral duties.”   Read more ..........    

No comments:

Post a Comment