SS20

SS20

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Do not be duped by frauds

Serious matter: (From left) Phang, Lau, Pheng and Gerakan Public Service and Complaint Bureau vicechairman Ben Liew Pok Boon at a press conference to hightlight the issue of syndicates impersonating Bank Negara officials at Brem Mall in Kepong recently.
MEMBERS of the public have been warned to be cautious about a syndicate whose members target victims by impersonating Bank Negara officials.


Jef Phang, 36, from Kepong said he received a call on his mobile phone from a female caller who claimed to be a Bank Negara officer. However, the caller used a private number.
“The caller had my full name, address and my mother’s maiden name. Then the call was supposedly passed to a customer service officer who told me that my credit card had expired.
“When I told her that I did not own a card from that particular bank, she asked me for my fixed deposit account and other bank account numbers,” said the businessman, who suspected that something was amiss because Bank Negara would have had such details.    Read more  ......  

No comments:

Post a Comment