SS20

SS20

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Don't be scammed

  • DO NOT answer calls from 03-21788888
  • CALL 1800 888 030 or email aduanskmm@cmc.gov.my to report scam
  • BANK NEGARA'S number is 1-300-88-5465 (1-300-88-LINK)
  • or SMS to 15888:BNM TANYA (your report /query)

Many fall for 'legal and personal' sounding tricks
PETALING JAYA: Nigerian scam e-mails and SMSes promising expensive lucky draw prizes used to be the norm but scammers are now opting for “legal and personal” sounding tricks to get gullible folk to part with their money.
Lee, (not her real name) a housewife in Seremban received a call from a man claiming to be a bank representative asking if she had bought jewellery from a store at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
“I said no and he told me to call Bank Negara and gave me a number to call,”
“I was greeted by a professional sounding voice automated machine when I did,” she recalled.  Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment